Error: Parameters say use SIMD - not implemented in 64 bit code!

Eric Allan

Mar 22, 2024, 9:51:59 PMMar 22
to Linrad
I am periodically experiencing an error, "Parameters say use SIMD - not implemented in 64 bit code!", and have to re-enter the previously chosen parameters.

This has occurred when switching to the AM mode.  The first line of the par_am file was prepended with "simd" and the value for First FFT bandwidth became 10000 instead of 100 as shown below:

simdFirst FFT bandwidth (Hz) [10000]

Closing Linrad, removing simd and changing the above line value back to 100 results in the same error!

Leif Asbrink

Mar 25, 2024, 1:52:47 PMMar 25
to lin...@googlegroups.com
Hello Eric,

If you run linrad.exe you can select to use simd. If you then run
linrad64.exe you will get the error "Parameters say use SIMD - not
implemented in 64 bit code!" so it seems you were using 32 bit linrad
when setting the parameters for AM mode.

The first fft bandwidth was originally an integer withminimum value 1 Hz.
It is still an integer, but now it is interpreted as frequency in steps
of 0.01 Hz.

I should have changed (Hz) to (.01Hz) but if I would do it for the next
version, parameters for all modes would have to be re-entered.

How the first line of par_am was prepended with "simd" I do not know.
Must be a bug. Please remove par_am completely, then try to
reproduce the bug while keeping pedantic notes on what you did so
I can reproduce it here.

73

Leif
> --
> There is an excellent Linrad User Guide by Gaetan, ON4KHG, at:
> http://w3sz.com/Linrad%20Installation%20&%20Configuration%20User%20Guide%20-%20V1-0.pdf
> ---

Leif Asbrink

Apr 21, 2024, 2:10:35 PMApr 21
to lin...@googlegroups.com
Hi All,

I have modified the w3sz files so they compile on old as well as on modern compilers
(as far as I know) BUT I have not tested that they work as intended.

The new files are available at the repo
https://sourceforge.net/p/linrad/code/1026/

I would be glad to know if they work as intended or not.

73

Leif