Network issue with latest Linrad 502.

gary simpkins

Jul 22, 2023, 11:06:29 AM7/22/23
to Linrad
Hi Linrad experts
I need some help. I have just downloaded the latest linrad 505 from Francos site.
I find that when trying to configure the network send or receive IPs I can only set IPs  from the Multicast ranges using the 239.255.0.0 to 239.255.15 options. If I try to use the -1 option to set another IP Linrad freezes. For all the linrad to linrad sessions I have I can use the "correct" multicast IPs, but MAP65 will not work with these and  I need to use 127.0.0.1 or the PCs own  IP to receive the timf2 UDP traffic.
Earlier Linrad versions  did allow the -1 option to work. I have tried setting the IP in the par_netrec_IP and par_netsend_IP. Only IPS in the Multicast range are picked up. Other IPS outside this range are ignored.
MAP65 should really be changed to use multicast properly it is not being worked on any more with WSJT-x wideband being promised to replace it.

Has anyone else had this issue or can suggest a fix.
Thanks for your thoughts
Gary G8EOH

gary simpkins

Jul 23, 2023, 8:01:54 AM7/23/23
to Linrad
Found the issue. My screen depth was 30%. This did not allow enough space for the  -1 option to work. changed to 40% and it all works now on 501 and 502.