Is there a way to use rdfmetal to extract data from local .n3 files?

kitsune

Oct 27, 2008, 3:55:07 PM10/27/08
to linqtordf-discuss
Hello

I have ontology information in .n3 files and would like to create
classes from them, however it looks like rdfmetal only works with
hosted web services, is that true?

Andrew Matthews

Oct 27, 2008, 5:01:18 PM10/27/08
to linqtordf-discuss
Hi Kitsune,

That's right, it uses SPARQL to query for classes and properties. It's
main purpose is to generate an entity model for a model hosted
elsewhere that you don't have direct access to.

As a workaround, you could always host the N3 file (as per the
instructions in the manual) and then run RdfMetal over that.

HTH,

Andrew

kitsune

Oct 31, 2008, 4:16:55 AM10/31/08
to linqtordf-discuss
Yes I was thinking of this, it works so far... thanks.

However... I have ontology files from umbel.org which are in .n3
notation. Is there a way to tell rdfmetal to create classes for all
namespaces inside the file, not just the one you specify?

Since I have to specify a namespace, composite classes that use
subclasses from other namespaces are neglected.