Encoders not publishing values

MONIJESU JAMES

Jun 15, 2024, 3:19:48 PMJun 15
to LINOROBOT

My robot stopped publishing encoder reading, I checked the connection, it is right, I power the encoders with 5v. I have checked the firmware, it doesn't look like anything is wrong. I even tried to replace the encoder with an optical encoder because I initially use the magnetic encoders attached to the motors, but the optical still didn't work, the encoder keeps publishing 0 or some random numbers and it does not react to turning.
Any help will be appreciated.

hipp...@gmail.com

Jun 16, 2024, 8:13:12 PMJun 16
to LINOROBOT
The i/o pins on teensy  are 3.3V tolerant. You should use 3.3V to power the encoders. If you have to use 5V, you will need logic level shifter to 3.3V. In your case, the teensy might be damaged by 5V, and you will need to try with another teensy.

- Thomas

jamesise...@gmail.com 在 2024年6月15日 星期六中午12:19:48 [UTC-7] 的信中寫道: