LGD seems to contain only a few of all housenumber in OSM. How can it be?

Francesco Fagnoni

Feb 2, 2016, 2:12:53 PM2/2/16
to Linked Geo Data
Hi,
first of all I have to  thank all the people that believe in the LinkedData era and are participating to its development.

I have some question regarding the retrieval of the house numbers from the LGD's sparql endpoint:
If I run a query to select all the buildings which have
  • a  house number indicated
  • and are located in the city of, for example, of Esino Lario
like the following one:

I get only 2 results whereas in OSM seems that a lot of building have explicitly indicated a housenumber (see this link for comparison).

Even if i expand my search to the whole world broadening at the maximum the research

Select count(?housenumber ) as ?n
Where { ?s  <http://linkedgeodata.org/ontology/addr%3Ahousenumber> ?housenumber }

I get only 1,176,404 results which seems not reasonable at all.

Seems that the LGD database is not complete or not updated at Jan 2016 as declared. Or, which is more plausible, I am doing some bad mistakes in the query.

Can somebody please help me go trough this mystery?

Many thanks,
Francesco

Claus Stadler

Feb 11, 2016, 8:27:24 AM2/11/16
to linked-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

So far the LGD dumps do not explicitly contain the Building class: http://downloads.linkedgeodata.org/releases/2015-11-02/
The 1.861.454 buildings that exist in the current datasets have an additional type that was part of the dump.

http://linkedgeodata.org/sparql?default-graph-uri=http%3A%2F%2Flinkedgeodata.org&qtxt=select+count%28*%29+{+%3Fs+a+%3Chttp%3A%2F%2Flinkedgeodata.org%2Fontology%2FBuilding%3E+}&format=text%2Fhtml&timeout=0&debug=on

There is an older full dump from 2013 http://downloads.linkedgeodata.org/full-dumps/
but due to its size (121GB bz2 / some TB uncompressed) I suppose its hardly of use.

I'll see that I create an extra buildings dump.

Best regards,
Claus

Dipl. Inf. Claus Stadler
Research Group: http://aksw.org/