Does the dataset contain POLYGON spatial geometries?

Maria Jackson

Feb 27, 2016, 9:02:54 PM2/27/16
to Linked Geo Data
I downloaded LinkedGeoData dataset today and found that spatial locations in this dataset are represented as POINTS. Does LinkedGeoData dataset also have geometry type as : POLYGON or any other spatial geometry?

Claus Stadler

Mar 3, 2016, 12:41:03 AM3/3/16
to linked-...@googlegroups.com, maria.ja...@gmail.com
Hi,

The file names with 'way' in the name contain linestrings (later down the file, just search for LINESTRING) as they are generated by the osmosis replication tools.
The 'way' files also contain all the geometries of all referenced points, that's why at the beginning there are POINT geometries.

What makes things a bit more complex is, that whether a linestring is supposed to be a polygon depends on how the resource is tagged, but its not part of the raw data.

Example dataset: http://downloads.linkedgeodata.org/releases/2015-11-02/2015-11-02-AerialwayThing.way.sorted.nt.bz2

Best regards,
Claus

On 28.02.2016 03:02, Maria Jackson wrote:
I downloaded LinkedGeoData dataset today and found that spatial locations in this dataset are represented as POINTS. Does LinkedGeoData dataset also have geometry type as : POLYGON or any other spatial geometry?

Dipl. Inf. Claus Stadler
Research Group: http://aksw.org/
Workpage & WebID: http://aksw.org/ClausStadler
Phone: +49 341 97-32260