Elda deployment issue: "Problem running query for SparqlSource"

Mikel Egaña Aranguren

May 16, 2017, 12:12:32 PM5/16/17
to linked-data...@googlegroups.com
Hi;

We are experiencing a probelm when deploying Elda that we cannot quite pinpoint. In our development enviroment we deploy Elda with no problems, using a Blazegraph instance as backend, being both Elda and Blazegraph in the same machine. However, when it comes to deploying in our server, we get the following error:

Problem running query for SparqlSource{http://172.16.0.81:5000/blazegraph/sparql; unauthenticated}: Problems with HTTP response (was it an HTTP server?)

We have no idea of what is going on, since we are using the same configuration. It seems like Elda is finding something wrong in the response from Blazegraph. Any suggestions?

Thanks

--
Mikel Egaña Aranguren, Ph.D.

https://mikel-egana-aranguren.github.io

Stuart Williams

May 17, 2017, 9:08:32 AM5/17/17
to Mikel Egaña Aranguren, linked-data...@googlegroups.com
On 2017-05-16 17:12, Mikel Egaña Aranguren wrote:
Hi;

We are experiencing a probelm when deploying Elda that we cannot quite pinpoint. In our development enviroment we deploy Elda with no problems, using a Blazegraph instance as backend, being both Elda and Blazegraph in the same machine. However, when it comes to deploying in our server, we get the following error:

Problem running query for SparqlSource{http://172.16.0.81:5000/blazegraph/sparql; unauthenticated}: Problems with HTTP response (was it an HTTP server?)

We have no idea of what is going on, since we are using the same configuration. It seems like Elda is finding something wrong in the response from Blazegraph. Any suggestions?
Try looking at the log stream from Elda. It will probably tell you more about what's happening that the response page. You can up the loglevel to DEBUG in log4j.properties (in the webapp root directory) - example attached.
Thanks

--
Mikel Egaña Aranguren, Ph.D.

https://mikel-egana-aranguren.github.io

Stuart

--
Epimorphics Ltd                        www.epimorphics.com
Court Lodge, 105 High Street, Portishead, Bristol BS20 6PT

Epimorphics Ltd. is a limited company registered in England (number 7016688)
Registered address: Court Lodge, 105 High Street, Portishead, Bristol BS20 6PT, UK
log4j.properties

Mikel Egaña Aranguren

May 17, 2017, 9:26:13 AM5/17/17
to Stuart Williams, linked-data...@googlegroups.com
Hi;

Thanks. Indeed by looking at the detailed traceback, we have assumed that it had to do with Jena. We have commented out the following exclusion in the elda-lda pom.xml, and it does work:

    <dependency>

      <groupId>com.github.jsonld-java</groupId>

      <artifactId>jsonld-java-jena</artifactId>

      <version>0.4.1</version>

      <exclusions>

        <exclusion>

          <groupId>org.apache.jena</groupId>

          <artifactId>jena-core</artifactId>

        </exclusion>

        <!--  <exclusion>

          <groupId>org.apache.jena</groupId>

          <artifactId>jena-arq</artifactId>

        </exclusion> -->

      </exclusions>

     </dependency>

We don't have a more convincing explanation though.

thanks again

Cheers

Stuart Williams

May 17, 2017, 10:12:38 AM5/17/17
to Mikel Egaña Aranguren, linked-data...@googlegroups.com
What are you deploying?

When we deploy to production, we use elda-common running in a tomcat. We rename elda-common.war to have a name that matches what we want the web app to be call.

We also run an apache or nginx frontend which serves up the static assets and proxies through to elda for LDA calls.

We don't tend to use elda-standalone if that's what you are using.

You should have to be touching the pom files. Chris may be able to explain the presence of the exclusion that you have commented out.

Stuart

chris dollin

May 17, 2017, 10:29:02 AM5/17/17
to linked-data-api-discuss, Mikel Egaña Aranguren
Stuart said

> You should

shouldn't

> have to be touching the pom files. Chris may be able to explain
> the presence of the exclusion that you have commented out.

As far as I remember, it's to stop the json-ld dependency
for pulling in the wrong jena-core/arq. So likely something
else will break.

Chris
>> email to linked-data-api-d...@googlegroups.com.
>>

>> Stuart
>>
>> --
>> Epimorphics Ltd www.epimorphics.com
>> Court Lodge, 105 High Street, Portishead, Bristol BS20 6PT
>> Tel: 01275 399069
>>
>> Epimorphics Ltd. is a limited company registered in England (number
>> 7016688)
>> Registered address: Court Lodge, 105 High Street, Portishead, Bristol BS20
>> 6PT, UK
>

> --
> Mikel Egaña Aranguren, Ph.D.
>
> https://mikel-egana-aranguren.github.io
>

> --
> Epimorphics Ltd www.epimorphics.com
> Court Lodge, 105 High Street, Portishead, Bristol BS20 6PT
> Tel: 01275 399069
>
> Epimorphics Ltd. is a limited company registered in England (number 7016688)
> Registered address: Court Lodge, 105 High Street, Portishead, Bristol BS20
> 6PT, UK
>
> --

Chris "allusive" Dollin

Mikel Egaña Aranguren

May 17, 2017, 10:29:59 AM5/17/17
to Stuart Williams, linked-data...@googlegroups.com
What are you deploying?

When we deploy to production, we use elda-common running in a tomcat. We rename elda-common.war to have a name that matches what we want the web app to be call.

We do the same, but we build elda-common.war from the source, cloned from github, with maven install.

We also run an apache or nginx frontend which serves up the static assets and proxies through to elda for LDA calls.

We have Apache as the frontend.

We don't tend to use elda-standalone if that's what you are using.

We don't either.

You should have to be touching the pom files. Chris may be able to explain the presence of the exclusion that you have commented out.

That is true indeed. We don't feel comfortable with the solution.

Regards

Stuart