Failed on MosaicToNewRaster

Ben Deed

Mar 18, 2024, 5:30:43 AMMar 18
to Linkage Mapper
Hi Folks,

I am new to Linkage Mapper and hoping someone might be able to help. The tool appeared to be running fine and has output a lcp that appears good but after 19 hours failed to generate the raster mosaic (see attached for log).

I had previously encountered errors due to the 'pixel depth' of the raster but in those cases the function simply did not run so i am assuming that is not the issue here?

This may also be an arcgis pro error rather than an issue with the tool?

The resistance layer is a TIFF, pixels are 'signed integer' 32 bit, 10m grid in British National Grid

Advice appreciated!
linkage error.txt

John Gallo

Mar 18, 2024, 6:16:02 PMMar 18
to linkage...@googlegroups.com
Hi Ben,

First try it with the latest version of the software 3.1:  https://linkagemapper.org/Downloads/

Cheers!

John

John A. Gallo, Ph.D.
Project Director
LinkageMapper.org

and

Senior Conservation Scientist
Conservation Biology Institute
Message has been deleted

Ben Deed

Mar 19, 2024, 5:06:50 AMMar 19
to Linkage Mapper
Hi John,

Thank you for your reply. Apologies I assumed the version number would be in the text. I am using 3.1

John Gallo

Mar 19, 2024, 1:02:54 PMMar 19
to linkage...@googlegroups.com
Hi Ben

Either:

1) You deleted some of the log file before sending it.
2) You have both versions on your machine, and the modelbuilder tools you are using are linked to the old version by accident.
3) I made a mistake

All three are possible.  Can you look into it and get back to me? Or any questions about how to look into #2.

Thanks,

John

John Gallo, Ph.D.
Senior Conservation Scientist

Conservation Biology Institute
136 SW Washington Avenue, Suite 202
Corvallis, OR 97333
Remote Office: Mendocino, CA
Phone: 707.357.3982
Linked-in: /johnagallo
Twitter: @johnagallo

Ben Deed

Mar 19, 2024, 1:23:35 PMMar 19
to Linkage Mapper
Hi John,

The file I previously shared was the message log copied direct from Pro when it failed so excluded the headers, sorry about that.
Attached (2024_03_18_1957) is the log generated by Linkage Mapper itself.

I am not sure if it helps to diagnose but i ran Linkage Mapper again overnight on a different raster and cores resulting in the same error (new run 2024_03_15_1653).

2024_03_18_1957_Linkage Mapper.txt
2024_03_15_1653_Linkage Mapper.txt

John Gallo

Mar 19, 2024, 4:43:08 PMMar 19
to linkage...@googlegroups.com
Hi Ben,

Thank you for the clarification and the full log files.

With 63 million cells, and 300 cores, and your model crashing with a 99999 issue at different location sn the workflow, it is looking like you passed the computational threshold for your computer.  See potential troubleshooting and solutions for suggested path forward. https://docs.google.com/document/d/13-jrIVQEb_bTHrsFx3F7aO0S2H9C6WFBww9kYx9qAKw/edit

Thanks,

John

Ben Deed

Mar 19, 2024, 8:06:01 PMMar 19
to linkage...@googlegroups.com
Ah, I can't say I am surprised..

Thank you for taking the time to look into it and for the helpful link.

All the best,
Ben

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "Linkage Mapper" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/linkage-mapper/CAEUWjEsjrhYBUCRDmPE1Jo5dtt033RiajaDdOsBtvfEB3NTKKw%40mail.gmail.com.