Omniscape + Linkage Mapper?

Brianna

Jan 2, 2024, 8:25:27 PMJan 2
to Linkage Mapper
Hello all,

I was wondering if anyone has experience using the cumulative current map produced from Omniscape to identify pinch points and barriers. Because I opted for the Omniscape approach rather than core habitat polygons, I do not have the required input layers that are required to run Pinchpoint Mapper and Barrier Mapper. Any suggestions for integrating the Linkage Mapper tools with Omniscape output would be appreciated.

Thank you,
Brianna

John Gallo

Jan 4, 2024, 12:38:23 AMJan 4
to linkage...@googlegroups.com
Hi Brianna,

I experimented a bit in this realm here:

Gallo, J.A., E. Butts, T. Miewald, K. Foster. 2019. Comparing and Combining Omniscape and Linkage Mapper Connectivity Analyses in Western Washington. Conservation Biology Institute. Corvallis, OR, https://doi.org/10.6084/m9.figshare.8120924

Cheers!

John

John A. Gallo, Ph.D.
Project Director
LinkageMapper.org

and

Senior Conservation Scientist
Conservation Biology Institute

Jie Su

Jan 4, 2024, 12:57:20 AMJan 4
to Linkage Mapper
Helo, Brianna
Actually, the Omniscape is now developed to produce the cumulative current map, but not for Barrier Map.  The arithmetic for Barrier Mapper (one of Linkage Mapper tools) has nothing to do with Circuit Theory.
Hope it will help you!
If you need,  we can further discuss about your question.
Jie, Su