Barrier Mapper Errors on Line 241 and 583

Brody

Jan 14, 2024, 2:35:39 AMJan 14
to Linkage Mapper
Hello,

I'm trying to run Barrier Mapper, but I keep coming across an error on line 241. This triggers multiple attempts to execute (Focal Statistics) before ultimately failing and giving an error on line 583. Linkage pathways and pinch-point mapper work perfectly fine.

I've attached the log file below, and I'm looking forward to your response.

Cheers,
Brody

2024_01_13_1620_Barrier mapper.txt

John Gallo

Jan 14, 2024, 8:58:40 PMJan 14
to linkage...@googlegroups.com
Having the minimum radius be the same length as the width of the raster cell may be causing the problem.  Try someting bigger (e.g. radius 60, max 300, and increment of 240 as your settings.)

John A. Gallo, Ph.D.
Project Director
LinkageMapper.org

and

Senior Conservation Scientist
Conservation Biology Institute

Brody

Jan 15, 2024, 1:44:15 AMJan 15
to Linkage Mapper
Hello,

I tried your recommendation of radius 60, max 300, and increment of 240, but got the same results.

2024_01_14_2034_Barrier mapper.txt

John Gallo

Jan 15, 2024, 4:25:51 PMJan 15
to linkage...@googlegroups.com
Hi Brody,

Hmm, it is a challenging one.  Let's email directly and let's remember to report out when we get it solved. I'll send you a message now.

Thanks,

John

Jie Su

Jan 15, 2024, 9:23:47 PMJan 15
to Linkage Mapper
Hello Brody,

 I see, you must change the name and datatype of your resistance raster that was imputed in the model. The raster name should not contain whitespace, and a raster of Geotiff type may work well in Barrier Mapper.
Hope it will help you.

In Chinese,  阻力面栅格最好是以Geotiff的格式保存,另外阻力面栅格的命名应该不能有空格,可以用下划线。
QQ图片20240116101245.png

希望能帮助 到你。

Geoffrey Su

John Gallo

Jan 16, 2024, 12:33:30 AMJan 16
to linkage...@googlegroups.com
Thank you Geoffrey Su!

Nice catch!  Brody, please let us know if that works, otherwise, see the email I sent you directly earlier.

Thanks,

John

Brody

Jan 19, 2024, 7:29:29 PMJan 19
to linkage...@googlegroups.com
Hi John,

I attempted to rerun Barrier Mapper again after implementing your suggestions, but I got the same results. I then decided to redownload the Linkage mapper software and created a completely new project with the tutorial data following the tutorial PDF, but got the same Barrier Mapper error (Log file below).

2024_01_19_1404_Barrier mapper.txt

John Gallo

Jan 19, 2024, 8:21:07 PMJan 19
to linkage...@googlegroups.com
Hi Brody,

Thank you for trying the demo data and tutorial.  Very odd that it is not running on your machine.  Did you run the Linkage Pathways tool first?

Also, probably best to reply to just me and we remembr to report out to the list.

Thanks,

JOhn