Compiling LinkGrammar 5.10 on windows 10 using MicroSoft Visual Studio Community Edition

Dennis Grubb

Oct 29, 2021, 2:51:25 PM10/29/21
to link-grammar
Hello all,
Has anyone successfully compiled version 5.10 on a Win10 system using Community Edition MS Visual Studio?
I'm having issues trying to do so...
If so, can anyone share their local.props file, so I can maybe see what I'm doing wrong.
I'm not exactly sure how to install regex in Win10, and how to correctly edit the local.props file... I admit I have little experience with other than Windows OSes... and I find the readme setup hard to follow (apologies to the author!)... maybe more than regex I'm incorrect with..
Cheers, Dennis in Tasmania

ami...@gmail.com

Dec 10, 2021, 8:19:26 PM12/10/21
to link-grammar
Hello all,
As a result of the request from Dennis, I introduced a change to remove the need to install a regex package for building Link Grammar under Windows.
This change is already included in the Link Grammar GitHub repository and will appear in the next version of Link Grammar.

Amir