ANNOUNCE: Link-Grammar 5.10.4: Thai Language Dictionary!

Linas Vepstas

Mar 4, 2022, 2:08:05 AM3/4/22
to link-grammar, opencog, kaam...@gmail.com
Version 5.10.4 of Link Grammar is now available. Particularly remarkable is that it now includes an extensive Thai dictionary, provided by Prachya Boonkwan  of the National Electronics and Computer Technology Center, Thailand.  This dictionary contains more than 100K words, and appears to be both sophisticated and complete. I've labelled this release as "provisional" in the ChangeLog, as it still appears to be evolving on a regular basis.

Thanks Prachya!

If you don't know Thai, you might enjoy reading the wikipedia article on it: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thai_language

Other changes:

 * English dict: fix relative clause, per mailing list.
 * Remove assorted length restrictions on word-size. #1283
 * Add missing files for building link-generator on Windows. #1285
 * Strip the internally added "._I" from subscripted idioms. #1287

You can download link-grammar from
http://www.abisource.com/downloads/link-grammar/current/

The website is here:
https://www.abisource.com/projects/link-grammar/

WHAT IS LINK GRAMMAR?
The Link Grammar Parser is a syntactic parser of English (and other
languages as well), based on Link Grammar, an original theory of English
syntax. Given a sentence, the system assigns to it a syntactic structure,
which consists of a set of labeled links connecting pairs of words.

See the Wikipedia page for more info:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Link_grammar

-- Linas