LininoIO REST API Now Available on GitHub!

tippy2k

Jul 11, 2015, 8:40:34 PM7/11/15
to lin...@googlegroups.com
REVLY is proud to announce LininoIO-REST is available for immediate download on GitHub!

The API currently supports GPIO and A/D Converter directives.  PWM, I2C, and password
protection will be made available soon.

This API is similar to, but different from, Arduino Yun Bridge API.  This API takes advantage
of the bathos sketch for LininoIO.  The API is ready to roll with your LininoIO enabled device.

This project also includes the first release of python modules to control your LininoIO enabled
device via the python programming language.   These modules provide an alternative to
Node.js scripting.

Stand alone modules will be made available in future releases.  If you wish to use these
modules in current projects please see the modules directory in the GitHub! repository.

To download the API visit:

Contact REVLY:

470 Hebert Dr.
Federal City Bldg 102
New Orleans, LA 70114
info_@_revly.net

REST API for LininoIO

This is a REST API for controlling an Arduino Yun, Linino One, or similar device.

Requirements:

  • LininoOS v1.2 or higher
  • LininoIO and bathos sketch
  • Python
  • Webpy

Setup:

  • Unpack the package in /opt
  • Start the server with the following command:
  python /opt/lininoIO_REST/app.py
  • Access the API:
  http://arduino.local:8080/

Examples:

  • GPIO
http://arduino.local:8080/gpio/export/13 (export pin D13)
http://arduino.local:8080/gpio/direction/out (change pin direction to out)
http://arduino.local:8080/gpio/13/1 (send HIGH to pin D13)
http://arduino.local:8080/gpio/13/ (read value of pin D13)
http://arduino.local:8080/gpio/unexport/13 (unexport pin D13)
  • A/D Converter
http://arduino.local:8080/adc/export (export analog pins)
http://arduino.local:8080/adc/scale/5 (read scale of pin A5)
http://arduino.local:8080/adc/voltage/5 (read voltage of pin A5 in microVolts)
http://arduino.local:8080/adc/5 (read value of pin A5, 0 - 1024)

REVLY is a registered trademark of Maxwell Worthington, LLC.

Mimmo

Jul 14, 2015, 6:57:52 PM7/14/15
to tip...@gmail.com, lin...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for your contribution to extend the LininoIO functionalities!

tippy2k

Jul 14, 2015, 10:28:29 PM7/14/15
to lin...@googlegroups.com
It is our pleasure.  We purchased the yun because of its API and its ability to run python.  We were disappointed when we found out that the API was a bit of a hack, and very excited when we found LininoIO/bathos.  Since we felt API's were important, we decided to release this to the community.  We also hope python programmers will appreciate the python modules as well.