CVS access on sourceforge

Carlos Manuel Duclos Vergara

Jan 12, 2005, 8:54:41 PM1/12/05
to lin...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

for all of you wanting to access the cvs repository located at sourceforge's
servers, here is how to get anonymous access:

1.- cvs -d:pserver:anon...@cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/linice login
just press enter when the password is prompted

2.-
cvs -z3 -d:pserver:anon...@cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/linice co $(MODULE)

where $(MODULE) = linice-2.4; for 2.4 kernel branch and linice-2.6 for 2.6
kernel branch

then when somebody wants to commit a change use:

1.- diff -uNr $(ORIGINAL) $(MODIFIED) > your_patch.patch

where $(ORIGINAL) is the repository as found on sourceforge
and modified is the repository you previously downloaded from sourceforge and
modify with your own updates and improvements

send this file to Goran or me to put it in the CVS server.

I repeat if somebody wants read/write access he/she needs to get a sourceforge
account and have Goran to add it to developer's list

I hope this helps!

Cheers from my corner of the world

--
Carlos Manuel Duclos Vergara