Linice 2.3 released

1 view

Goran Devic

Jan 30, 2005, 3:31:07 AM1/30/05
to lin...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
I just released version 2.3 as mainly a bug fix version:

· Improved SERIAL command; correctly save and restore current
screen
upon switch
· Accept 'q' as well as ESC to quit scrolling
· Fixed serial init to handle PIC1, interrupt driven serial to a
remote terminal, this allows vt100 input (still doubled by a keyboard
input)
· New environment variable LINICE to address the Linice directory
so
the Linice can be called from anywhere
· Make sure user is 'root' before running linsym load/unload,
fixes few mysterious errors
· Build script now compiles everything, including the final stage
· Fixed reading input values to LINES, WIDTH commands
· Checking in a new PCIHDR file listing all PCI devices, this
should
have all current PCI devices and vendors
· Fixed horizontal line code for XWIN
· Fixed output drivers for VGA, MGA and XWIN not to overflow to
the
end of line
· Revisiting the breakpoint code:
· * simplified the way hardware breakpoint resource is
managed
· * Added option 'o' to the documentation
· * Implementing BPLOG function
· * Fixed one-time bpx implementation
· * Disable bpx for a module that is being unloaded
· * Simplified stats function
· * Disarm and Arm even if we are in the trace mode
· Updated documentation

It is at www.linice.com
The most tricky change is the breakpoint code partial rewrite, but
there are a number of smaller fixes all over, so I marked it as "minor
bug fixes release" on the FreshMeat.net.
How is the 2.6 port going? ;-)

If somebody would feel up to, I think we need to make a good summary of
the original SoftIce command options and do slight mods to apply them
to Linice (pretty much things are the same). That, on one place, would
definitely help a Linux developer who never used SoftIce before. Any
opinions on that?