Linice 2.2 released

1 view

Goran Devic

Jan 26, 2005, 3:28:46 AM1/26/05
to lin...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
I formally released version 2.2. I tried to incorporate few patches
floating around here, but the bulk of improvements is in additional
commands and options, listed here. There were also a number of
opportunistinc changes which make this release very stable and much
enhanced.

* Added STACK command and stack window (WS)
* New command CALL to call an arbitrary function with arguments
("C"-calling convention)
* Implementing the hook for kernel printk(); all kernel printk's
now go to Linice command window
* Enhancement to the CPU command to save and restore CPU registers
* BL command to display original string that was given
* SYM command: implement partial symbol search with the trailing
"*"
* Adding argument "-d" to the R command to dump registers onto
the command window
* Adding few undocumented :) functions to the VER command to help
debugging Linice
* Rewrote symbol search functions; use module!symbol to specify the
symbol
* Print the source file name in the code window
* Write the current context in the command window header
* More work towards 2.6 compile process. It works well for kernels
up to 2.6.8.
* Linsym: fixed some cases where the path to source was not
specified correctly
* Correctly reload symbol tables
* Made non-debug builds to be default; for debug builds state
"make debug"
* Correctly search global symbols
* Cleaned some behavior of the command line editor; new system
command "ver ed-dump" to display the command history
* Updating documentation and Quick-Start README
Best Regards,
- Goran