X.org supported?

Mario Schallner

Mar 30, 2005, 7:22:05 AM3/30/05
to lin...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I am using debian, but due to my gfx card (ati mobility radeon x600
(pcie)) i need to use X.org (from ubuntu)

Now I have problems to compile xice.
gcc -O3 -I../include -c xice.c
xice.c:49:36: X11/extensions/xf86dga.h: No such file or directory
xice.c: In function `CollectDisplayInfo':
xice.c:170: error: `XF86DGADirectGraphics' undeclared (first use in
this function)

I see in my /usr/include/X11/extensions/ no file xf86dga.h, and also
can find no file declaring/defining XF86DGADirectGraphics.

Bad luck? :)

regards, ms

Goran Devic

Mar 30, 2005, 12:39:59 PM3/30/05
to lin...@googlegroups.com
Not a bad luck, if you can find the equivalent direct frame buffer
access functions within that library :)
The dga allows the xice to get the address of the frame buffer and
some other parameters (stride, bpp) in order to write to it directly.

regards,
goran

p.s. buy nVidia card, you wont have any problems :)

Mario Schallner

Mar 31, 2005, 2:21:11 AM3/31/05
to lin...@googlegroups.com
ok why not, let's se what we can find...

so i will then open my laptop, solder out my gfx card, buy a nvidia card
and solder that in, ok :) ?

regards, mario

Goran Devic

Apr 1, 2005, 6:50:09 PM4/1/05
to lin...@googlegroups.com
Well, if the laptop has MXM module, that should be possible ;-)
later