【再送:明後日開催】第13回JEWELセミナーのご案内

TAKAHASHI Miki

May 6, 2024, 8:58:03 PMMay 6
to linguistics-jp
Linguisticsの皆さま

お世話になっております。理化学研究所脳神経科学研究センター脳発達分子メカニズム研究チームの高橋です。 明後日9日(木)に開催しますJEWELセミナーシリーズ第13回のお知らせを再送いたします。皆さまのご参加をお待ちしております。

*ML以外にもお知り合いで興味を持ちそうな方がいらっしゃいましたら、共有いただけますと幸いです。どうぞよろしくお願いいたします。

-------------------------------
JSPS特別推進研究「アジアと欧米:コミュニケーションの文化差から言語の獲得過程を解明する」
JEWELプロジェクトセミナーシリーズ第13回

“Infants’ capacity to learn non-adjacent dependencies in speech and other sequential stimuli”

講演者:Toby Mintz (University of Southern California)
日時:5月9日(木) 10:30AM~12:00PM(JST)
言語:英語
形式:Zoom webinar(登録制)
詳細:JEWELプロジェクトのサイト内イベントより
https://lang-dev-lab.brain.riken.jp/jewel/event/
登録:https://krs2.riken.jp/m/jewel_seminar13

要旨: The ability to detect non-adjacent dependencies (NADs) in language, such as the dependency in English between the auxiliary 'is' and the present progressive marker '-ing' in 'the baker is baking bread,’ could be extremely useful for acquiring a language. It would provide the learner with information about which grammatical elements participate in the dependencies and would provide a cue to constituency and hierarchical structure.  Yet published behavioral findings contain little evidence that children detect NADs before 15 months of age, and in particular, prior studies with 12-month-olds have failed to find unequivocal evidence of learning. Yet we know that infants have started to learn about a variety of syntactic patterns at this age. In this talk, I will present several lines of research from my lab that attempt to better understand the stimulus properties that influence human NAD learning. These include findings from studies with adults as well as with infants, and studies that include visual sequential stimuli as well as speech. I will end by presenting some recent findings that point to the influence of language experience on 12-month-old infants' ability to learn NADs in speech, and I will propose a framework for thinking about NAD learning that unifies the wide range of findings.

連絡先:理化学研究所脳神経科学研究センター脳発達分子メカニズム研究チーム(言語発達研究班)
llds...@riken.jp

よろしくお願いいたします。

高橋美樹
Miki Takahashi
Postdoctoral researcher
Laboratory for Molecular Mechanisms of Brain Development
RIKEN Center for Brain Science
2-1 Hirosawa Wako City, Saitama 351-0198 JAPAN