COCA_Academic_Range/Frequency

ke Chen

Oct 28, 2022, 3:19:53 AM10/28/22
to Suite of automatic linguistic analysis tools
I want to check the relationship between coca_academic_range/frequency score and lexical sophistication. The larger these two indices, the lower the lexical sophistication is. Do I understand right?

Also, larger lexical_density_types/tokens represents higher lexical density. right?

Ait Hammou

Oct 28, 2022, 7:06:36 AM10/28/22
to ke Chen, Suite of automatic linguistic analysis tools
I think you are right. Larger range/frequency scores indicate that the text/writer/speak is employing lexical items which are widely used/frequently used, which is an indicator of less sophisticated texts (language use).

On Fri, Oct 28, 2022 at 8:19 AM 'ke Chen' via Suite of automatic linguistic analysis tools <linguistic-a...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
I want to check the relationship between coca_academic_range/frequency score and lexical sophistication. The larger these two indices, the lower the lexical sophistication is. Do I understand right?

Also, larger lexical_density_types/tokens represents higher lexical density. right?

Brahim Ait Hammou  - Morocco