TAASSC: A Query

Atefeh Rostamzadeh

Jul 16, 2022, 12:25:46 PM7/16/22
to Suite of automatic linguistic analysis tools
Dear Professors and Admins,

I hope this message finds you well!

As you know well, the last version of TAASSC generates 32 indices pertaining to clause complexity.

I would highly appreciate it if you could delineate what "prepc-per-cl" stands for. Does it stand for "preposition clause per clause"?

I read the tool manual, variable spreadsheet, Dr. Kyle's dissertation, and the extracted articles from his thesis, but I could not find any information about this index.

Many thanks for considering my request.

Kind Regards,

Atefeh

Kristopher Kyle

Jul 19, 2022, 12:37:59 PM7/19/22
to Atefeh Rostamzadeh, Suite of automatic linguistic analysis tools
Hi Atefeh,

This index measures the number of prepositional clausal modifiers per clause.

Please see this reference for more information: https://downloads.cs.stanford.edu/nlp/software/dependencies_manual.pdf (you can search for "prepc").

I hope that helps!

Best,

Kris

Kristopher Kyle
Associate Professor
Department of Linguistics
University of Oregon

Atefeh Rostamzadeh

Jul 19, 2022, 1:18:56 PM7/19/22
to Suite of automatic linguistic analysis tools
Dear Dr. Kyle,

Thanks ever so much for responding to my query and sharing the reference with me.

Regards,

Atefeh

Liang Jing

Mar 13, 2023, 3:01:45 AM3/13/23
to Suite of automatic linguistic analysis tools
Dear Atefeh,
i'm so sorry to bother you, but i want to know where did you get the tool manual and variable spreadsheet. i'm perplexed by the meaning of the abbreviations of taassc's result for a few days. i would very appreciate it if you could solve my confusion.
Best,
Pearl

Ait Hammou

Mar 13, 2023, 5:00:03 AM3/13/23
to Liang Jing, Suite of automatic linguistic analysis tools
The index manual contains all the induces I guess. You just need to scroll the spreadsheet to the left to see the others. Look at the attached picture.

IMG20230313095803.jpg

Ait Hammou

Mar 13, 2023, 5:04:11 AM3/13/23
to Liang Jing, Suite of automatic linguistic analysis tools
Taassc manual is on the same page as taassc applications. See the attached picture. User manual and index description spreadsheet are below the application download link.

Le lun. 13 mars 2023 à 08:01, Liang Jing <liangji...@gmail.com> a écrit :
--
IMG20230313100215.jpg

Atefeh Rostamzadeh

Mar 13, 2023, 8:06:33 AM3/13/23
to Suite of automatic linguistic analysis tools
Dear Pearl,

Attached. You will find the TAASSC 1.3.8 User Manual, together with the Index Description Spreadsheet.

Kind regards,

Atefeh
user_manual_taassc_1.3.8.docx
taassc_1.3.8_variable_spreadsheet.xlsx