SEANCE question

Jason Miller

Dec 15, 2022, 2:49:23 PM12/15/22
to Suite of automatic linguistic analysis tools
Good afternoon!

When I inputted the data from SEANCE into SPSS, it is showing as scale data, is this correct or should I change it to a different type of variable?

I am trying to run an analysis between SEANCE scores (Vader Positive, Negative, Neutral) and Likert Scale data.

Thank you for your help.

Jason

Scott Crossley

Dec 16, 2022, 11:24:47 AM12/16/22
to Jason Miller, Suite of automatic linguistic analysis tools
Hi Jason,

The variables are generally averages and not scaled. The exception will be the PCA variables.

Each statistical analysis you run will have different assumptions that will require determinations you make.

Best,

Scott

Scott Crossley
Professor, Department of Special Education
Data Science Institute | Peabody College
Vanderbilt University