getting flow failed exception

santlal gupta

Mar 30, 2016, 9:50:56 AM3/30/16
to Lingual User
Hi ,

I am new to cascading lingual. I have followed steps specified in the http://docs.cascading.org/lingual/1.0/ tutorial to install the lingual.

I have set Hadoop_home and hadoop_conf_dir as :

export HADOOP_HOME=/usr/lib/hadoop
export HADOOP_CONF_DIR=/etc/hadoop/conf

After installation, in .lingual/catalog i saw
  "platformName" : "local"
 "cascading.bind.provider.text.factory.classname" : "cascading.lingual.platform.local.LocalDefaultFactory"
  "cascading.bind.provider.text.platforms" : "local"

so i have changed it to
"platformName" : "hadoop"
 "cascading.bind.provider.text.factory.classname" : "cascading.lingual.platform.hadoop.HadoopDefaultFactory",
  "cascading.bind.provider.text.platforms" : "hadoop"

After this when i have entered into the lingual shell i got following exception

lingual shell --verbose
issuing: !connect jdbc:lingual:hadoop;resultSchema=results;resultPath=results;maxRows=10000 '' '' cascading.lingual.jdbc.Driver

 when i am creating select query it runs successfully.
i.e.  0: jdbc:lingual:hadoop> select * from employees.dept_emp;
 but when i run
0: jdbc:lingual:hadoop> select * from employees.dept_emp where EMP_NO=19050;

 i got below exception
Warning: exception while executing query: flow failed: unhandled exception: Cannot initialize Cluster. Please check your configuration for mapreduce.framework.name and the correspond server addresses. (state=,code=0)
Error: exception while executing query (state=,code=0)

i checked configuration too  and found it as below

 <property>
    <name>mapreduce.framework.name</name>
    <value>yarn</value>
  </property

Hadoop-version = Hadoop 2.6.0-cdh5.4.2

Thanks
Santlal Gupta

Andre Kelpe

Mar 30, 2016, 11:37:11 AM3/30/16
to lingua...@googlegroups.com
You are using the wrong platform. For Hadoop 2.x based distributions
you have to use lingual-hadoop2mr. The easiest way is to set the
LINGUAL_PLATFORM to hadoop2-mr1 instead of hadoop.

http://docs.cascading.org/lingual/1.2/#getting-started

HTH

André
> --