Free Big Apple workshop TODAY Saturday, 10/11 5:30 PM

lindyonsproul

Oct 11, 2014, 3:41:56 PM10/11/14
to lindy-o...@googlegroups.com
Hello all!

Today we will be having a free line dance workshop for the Big Apple! Join us from 5:30-7:30 PM this afternoon (Saturday, October 11th), at The Works dance studio at 2566 Telegraph Ave, Berkeley, CA. This is a part of October's month-long line dance series taught by students and alumni of Lindy on Sproul; more information can be found on our Facebook page and event!

WHERE: The Works Dance Studio, 2566 Telegraph Ave, Berkeley, CA 94704
WHEN: 5:30 PM-7:30PM

The Big Apple is a hybrid circle/line dance popularized by Whitey's Lindy Hoppers in the 1930s. It's a high-energy, super-fun dance that is performed at swing venues around the world!

Here are Whitey's Lindy Hoppers performing the Big Apple:

And here is a more contemporary performance:

Please keep in mind that this dance does clock in at a full three minutes and is very fast. Some dance experience is recommended, but not required!