Still active?

stefman1231

Oct 23, 2014, 9:19:08 PM10/23/14
to lincoln-...@googlegroups.com
Hi there
im stef im 25 and am looking to learn hardware hacking/Makeing.I have a basic knowledge of electronics and am currently learning how to work with arduino.I wounder if this group was still active as id love to get involved.

Thanks
Stef

Harold Bourne

Oct 24, 2014, 2:38:23 AM10/24/14
to stefman1231, lincoln-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Stef

Yes the Lincoln Hackspace is still active, but in a reduced capacity as we have been searching for accommodation for about 10 months.

The last few weeks have seen a few more changes as we may have to loose our current meeting venue, La Vida Vintage Cafe on Monks Road as the lady who works there is changing her job.

The positive news is that we have been offered a small industrial unit off Sadler Road for 6 months. We are meeting with the owner next week to finalise the details. Hopefully we should have access next month.

Once I find out details I will post them on the Facebook page, forum and send out an email. If you have registered with the Googlergroups page then you will automatically get notification of this.

We currently have members interested in Arduinos, hardware design and modification, electronics and OC building. As soon as we get the new premises then we should be able to add metal work and woodwork facilities as we will have a basic workshop.

Thank you for your interest, you will be welcome to come to the Hackspace and it will hopefully only be a couple of weeks before we have a real premises again.

Watch this space!

Regards

Harold
Treasurer
Lincoln Hackspace

Sent from my iPhone

stefman1231

Oct 24, 2014, 3:10:29 PM10/24/14
to lincoln-...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for that and the email to :-) as before i live about 5 mins away from sadler road so if/when you get it sorted id be happy to help set up id love to get involved :-)

John Balls

Oct 31, 2014, 10:20:18 AM10/31/14
to lincoln-...@googlegroups.com
Hi all. I'm still interested in the space. Was last nov I came to a meet. Is there anything open over the next month?

Chris Marr

Nov 4, 2014, 2:16:21 PM11/4/14
to lincoln-...@googlegroups.com
Yep - although due to date conflicts, I'm not sure what's happening!