Digital oscilloscopes

Andy Harsley

Jan 29, 2014, 8:35:09 AM1/29/14
to lincoln-...@googlegroups.com
The Rigols have been recommended as a smart buy. They do quite a large range including a reasonably priced 4-channel scope:

http://www.rigol-uk.co.uk/Rigol-Digital-Oscilloscope-DS1104Z-p/ds1104z.htm

Reckon that might be overkill though, and the 2-channels are a little cheaper.

andy

Andy Harsley

Feb 5, 2014, 8:20:33 AM2/5/14
to lincoln-...@googlegroups.com
If you have half an hour to spare, Aussie Dave did a review of the Rigol scopes a couple of years ago.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_TSr9nFN1GU

The cheaper 1052 model would suffice for now. I doubt we'd use most of the features on the newer scopes and they're a lot more expensive.

http://www.rigol-uk.co.uk/Rigol-Digital-Oscilloscopes-DS1052E-p/ds1052e.htm

Someone's selling them direct from China on ebay for £240.

andy

Chris Burton

Feb 5, 2014, 9:26:42 AM2/5/14
to lincoln-...@googlegroups.com
I've not had a problem with my DS1052E. There's always the hack to take it up to 100Mhz if you want and http://rigol.codenaschen.de/index.php/Main_Page as a starting point if you really want to go crazy with them ;).

ChrisB.