Visit to Lincoln Uni Engineering Hub and Think Tank

Harold Bourne

Aug 27, 2015, 8:15:27 PM8/27/15
to Lincoln Hackspace
Dear All

Last Tuesday Professor Ron Bickerton and Dr Nick Tucker from Lincoln University visited the Hackspace and offered to show us round the new think tank and the university engineering hub. This is with a view to giving us access to the think tank to allow us access to their tools and their students access to the think tank with responsible adults (Us!) giving guidance in the use of the tools. They want to use the small red milling machine we currently have on loan via Ray, to make small moulds for the injection moulding machine being installed there.

The visit will start at the engineering hub in the new 3 story building in the University (the one next to the car par opposite Toy R Us and Pizza hut and with the large turbines on the ground floor) we will then move on to look at the Think Tank.

If you are interested in attending please can we meet at the Engineering hub at 20:00 on Tuesday evening,1 September.

This is an excellent opportunity to get involved with the University and to allow us to have a joint cooperation using their facilities in the Think Tank.

Hope to see you there

Best regards

Harold