Re: Digest for lincoln-hackspace@googlegroups.com - 1 Message in 1 Topic

Peaceful Warrior

Feb 19, 2014, 5:38:17 AM2/19/14
to lincoln-...@googlegroups.com
Hello all, sorry I missed the last weeks meetings.

You remember we were talking with Revival about a merge under a Gazebo type title/heading thingy, well as of a few days ago Revival have been given notice to quit the current premises on Sincil Street. Angela and I have been working flat out to try to sort something for all groups, ( thoughts which had started before this news) and as yet not been offered suitable alternatives by the Coop. They say that they want Revival to continue, and will help, but seem to be making poor excuses about the offers they made and why we can't have certain buildings. We can't obviously know the exact reasons, they are a business after all...... but because they are a Cooperative their own ethos should be about helping the community and especially other Cooperatives, as we would be/are.
An emergency meeting was held for Revival to let the people of Revival not only see the imminent situation, but to realise the task at hand for them if they want Revival to go on into the future. Angela explained the ideas of widening the groups sharing a space and the great majority welcomed the addition of our group as well as others, to help see the joint aims met, potentially in one building/space. I felt this was a positive sign and one that may lead to a benefit to HACKSPACE.
As it stands at the minute, Revival have until about the 25th of March to move out, lock stock and barrel.

During the meeting a man names Carlos from a group based at Beech House nr Siemens main site on Waterside south, said that space may be available for storage of stuff from Revival, and or as workspace for our project. I felt this might open up an opportunity for Hackspace,
A. for storage issues arriving, and
B. the potential for a working unit for Hackspace.

As the meeting went on many people offered their efforts to solve this potential problem, and are rallying around to save the Revival project, but also potentially regroup as a new entitiy with Hackspace and others. I feel this is a very positive move and a hope for an imminent solution. Please feel free to ask me any questions, and be assured that my many hats also include a new home for Hackspace and a continuance of the fine and generous spirit of the Hackspace members, that is keeping it alive in transit to a new place.
Thanks to Alexa for the constant use of her Cafe and time too. (and lovely cake....mmmm)

If you want to contact me directly do so at 1peacefu...@gmail.com
Please take a look at Revival Facebook page for current updates about the work being done to find a new home.
Revival

Love n light,
Your friend and fellow member.
P.W.