Compact Flash Card testing

Robert Grabau

Aug 9, 2018, 7:18:22 AM8/9/18
to LiNC80
Steve,
I ran the CF test program on my LiNC80 system, but I had to download the Hex file to run the program.  Is there a way to permanently have the test program as part of the ROM on the LiNC80?  It looks like you do have a mini OS there (as per the Dir command), so is there a way to add programs?   This reminds me of the OS I wrote back in 1981 for a S-100 manufacturer call Micromation.  I had a program to load programs into a relativity simple clone of CP/M-80 (so the company would not have to pay for extra licences).

Oh, and thanks for the test program and monitor!  Very nice.

AstroBob

Steve Cousins

Aug 9, 2018, 9:17:59 PM8/9/18
to LiNC80
Yes, there is a way to add executable files to the ROM. There is some information in the SCM user guide and a few clues in ReadMe files - both included in the SCWorkshop+SCMonitor download. The documentation for this feature is not extensive so there will be some detective work to do, but if you look at the source code for how the CPM loader and BASIC interpreter are included in the ROM you should be able to figure it out.

Steve