Failed xmodem, kermit et al

Derry UK

Dec 11, 2018, 10:57:52 AM12/11/18
to LiNC80
So I will start with xmodem. I am using cpm image 1.1 and follow the instructions on page 9. I am using TeraTerm v4.1.

The transfer starts then pauses after 128 bytes have been transferred and nothing else happens.

If I transfer a file smaller than 128 bytes it says 100% transferred and just sistes there again.

Needless to say there is no transferred file in the directory.

Kermit doesn't seem to do anything, the whole system hangs at the TeraTerm end on bringing up the tranfer window after selecting the file to transfer.

Any help appreciated,

Derry.

Jon Langseth

Dec 23, 2018, 1:48:07 PM12/23/18
to LiNC80
The following may be hints to guide you, and are also questions to help troubleshoot:

Have you set up TeraTerm to have any Transmit Delay? With CP/M, this may be needed to get reliable communications (same as any other system based on G.Searles version of the CP/M CBIOS).

Does transferring files using DOWNLOAD.COM work reliably for you?

When trying KERMIT, it is required to use two separate serial ports; one port for command and control, and one port for the data transfer. As a side-note, I have not tested the version of kermit that is included in TeraTerm. I have to give that a test to give you proper answers there, but that will have to wait until after January 1st.

With XModem, I have used lrzsz under Minicom extensively, and tested the TeraTerm XModem. I do experience the occasional issue, but nothing like what you describe.

By the way, I am sorry about the very late response. I try my best to not leave questions to the group go unanswered. These last couple of weeks have been rather busy :)

Derry UK

Dec 24, 2018, 6:04:36 AM12/24/18
to LiNC80
Thank you for the reply Jon. Never worry about being busy because you know what comes next if you aren't!

I'll get my Linc out over the break and let you know the results.

Derry.