linbox smith form function error

tom murtha

May 22, 2018, 3:33:50 PM5/22/18
to linbox-use
Hello,

I've run into an error in linbox 1.5.2 on ubuntu 16.04. Calling the example driver "smith" with the adaptive method returns the following error: 'LinBox::MatrixStreamError'.

A similar error can be encountered in certain cases with the matrix function "solve".

Is this a known error?

-Tom

B Saunders

May 27, 2018, 9:49:45 AM5/27/18
to linbo...@googlegroups.com
I'm unable to generate that problem.  What is the file format of your matrix?

If it is SMS, note that the third item on line 1 is the letter "M" and the last line is "0 0 0".

B Saunders

May 27, 2018, 10:09:04 AM5/27/18
to linbo...@googlegroups.com
I now see that one gets the "MatrixStreamError" when trying the non-file internally generated matrices.  I'm launching a branch to update this old smith example.