Poly rings

B Saunders

Jul 2, 2021, 4:09:47 PM7/2/21
to linbox...@googlegroups.com
Why is linbox/ring/givaro-poly.h gone?  examples/smith-form-local.C depends on it.

smith-form-local.C:18:10: fatal error: 'linbox/ring/givaro-poly.h' file not found

#include <linbox/ring/givaro-poly.h>

More generally, what is the now favored way to have a univariate polynomial ring over a field?

Jean-Guillaume Dumas

Jul 5, 2021, 9:05:43 AM7/5/21
to linbox...@googlegroups.com, B Saunders

Hello Dave,

yes in 2017 we reformatted a little bit the polynomials.

You have now:

"linbox/polynomial/dense-polynomial.h" which is for now somehow equivalent to renaming Givaro::Poly1Dom<Field>::Element  into DensePolynomial<Field>

"linbox/ring/polynomial-ring.h" which is Givaro::Poly1Dom<Field> but with LinBox bindings if needed

"smith-form-local.h' was indeed left out of this move at that time (I think it was failing, much too large for an example, not easy to maintain as is, no test for the code ...)

I have started a branch "smithlocal" where there is a tentative recovery of smith-form-local.h with the DensePolynomial.

Not finished yet ... many things not compiling (for this some files needed to be retrieved from the history also ...)

Then it might be good to fit it instead into the 'algorithm/smith' refactorization of 2018 (some files still there though for instance smith-form-local2.inl, smith-form-local.h ???)

A large working plan ahead in any case !

Yours,

--

					Jean-Guillaume Dumas.
Jean-Guill...@univ-grenoble-alpes.fr    Tél.: +33 457 421 732