LinBox developer day Friday march 31st

Clement Pernet

Mar 30, 2017, 5:57:58 AM3/30/17
to linbox...@googlegroups.com, ffpack...@googlegroups.com
Dear linbox Givaro and fflas-ffpack developpers,

This is to announce that we are organizing a LinBox developper day tomorow,

Friday march 31st.

This is a one day online event, following the succesfull format of the Sage Review Day 3
(https://wiki.sagemath.org/review3). Every participant is free to organize himself in his workplace
with other co-developpers.

The idea is to keep the illusion of being all together through a pad and a discussion channel, so as
to be able to work jointly on some bugs, and of course to have an excuse for a full day of hacking!

- the pad, keeping a log of the tasks todo/in progress/done is there:

https://bimestriel.framapad.org/p/LinBoxDevDay1

- the slack communication group is

https://linbox.slack.com
(use the #devday1 channel preferrably).

The meeting will start at 9am Paris time and will last until everybody runs out of steam.

Feel free to populate the list of github issues for the three software: givaro, fflas-ffpack, linbox:

https://github.com/linbox-team

with your favorite bug/project.

See you tomorow on the interwebs !

--
Clément Pernet

Clement Pernet

Apr 3, 2017, 5:53:37 AM4/3/17
to linbox...@googlegroups.com, ffpack...@googlegroups.com
Dear LinBox Givaro and fflas-ffpack developers,

The online LinBox developper meeting was a great success. Thanks everyone for joining in!
I wrote the minutes of the meeting as a wikipage, which is mainly a slightly reformated snapshot of
the pad that we used during the meeting to keep track of the progress.

https://github.com/linbox-team/fflas-ffpack/wiki/Linbox-Developer-Day-1

Feel free to edit it if you find something missing there.

Several of us agreed that we should have such a meeting on a more regular basis.

I suggest we could start on a monthly basis, which means that the next meeting could be in the last
week of April.
What do you think?
Feel free to comment on what should be improved from your experience with Day 1.

Best

Clément