linbox/field/hom.h includes non-existent file givaro/extension.h

Tatyana Polevaya

May 22, 2015, 6:58:55 AM5/22/15
to linbox...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

The file linbox/field/hom.h includes a non-existent file givaro/extension.h. The file comment states the code was written by David Saunders. Maybe it is a misspelling, because there is a file called givextension.h. Though I'm not absolutely sure. Should this file be changed that way?

Best,
Tanya

Jean-Guillaume Dumas

May 22, 2015, 8:20:09 AM5/22/15
to linbox...@googlegroups.com
Hello,
the file name was changed last december, so maybe it is a version mismatch that we overlooked.
Can you tell us the different versions (or svn releases) of Givaro/LinBox you are using ?
Thank you, regards,
--
					Jean-Guillaume Dumas.
Jean-Guill...@imag.fr                   Tél.: +33 476 514 866

Tatyana Polevaya

May 25, 2015, 11:39:09 AM5/25/15
to linbox...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

The versions I installed is Linbox 1.3.0. And there the file hom.h is correct. It's not correct in the revision 5160 that is the latest in svn version.

Best,
Tanya

Alexis Breust

May 26, 2015, 10:22:50 AM5/26/15
to linbox...@googlegroups.com
Hello Tatyana,

What is wrong is not your LinBox install but your Givaro one.
The file givextension.h has been renamed since and apparently
the required version of Givaro in LinBox install has not been updated.

Please, try to re-install Givaro using the lastest revision: svn checkout svn://scm.forge.imag.fr/var/lib/gforge/chroot/scmrepos/svn/givaro/trunk
And reconfigure your LinBox.

Let me know of any trouble you have.
Alexis