FabLab conference in Aachen, Germany, on 9 Sept 2013

Gabriela Avram

Jul 24, 2013, 10:13:38 AM7/24/13
to limerick-h...@googlegroups.com, discuss...@lists.hackerspaces.ie
Hi,
Some of you might remember the visit of Rene Bohne, the manager of FabLab Aachen in the spring of 2011.
He came to UL, visited miLKlabs and went to Mindfield in Dublin.
He asked me to forward this info to Irish hackerspaces and to anyone else who might be interested. Please note there's a Maker Faire that week-end in Aachen as well.

"On Monday, September 9 we're hosting the first Fab Lab Europe Conference in Aachen. We're looking for submissions from the research and fab lab communities; since we (and our funding agency) mostly care about bringing the community together, we're also considering previously published work for presentation this year. We came into some late surprise government funding to make this conference happen, and are expecting around 50-100 attendees. Attendance is free(!), and it follows a weekend of Maker goodness at the Maker Faire Kerkrade right outside Aachen City, so it's a great way to combine the two.

Submit a short abstract by August 1st: http://hci.rwth-aachen.de/fablabcon2013 "

Best regards,
Gabriela

Dr.Gabriela Avram