Fwd: Limerick City of Culture Crafts Pillar- meeting details

Gabriela Avram

Aug 14, 2013, 6:19:29 AM8/14/13
to limerick-h...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
I made it to the meeting on Monday. These are the things that have been discussed.
They are talking about workshop space out in LEDP (plenty of parking, possibility to divide and kit different workshops for different crafts), but this is just an idea.

Let me know if you are interested in moving there - there will be a rent to pay plus expenses, so it doesn't come for free!

This is probably a chance to get a space appropriate for welding, carpentry and other such activities.

I personally believe  that the city centre venue - especially the opportunity to run workshops there or do some work with visitors passing by - is the most interesting for us.

cheers,
Gabriela

Begin forwarded message:

From: Ruth Crean <cfhlime...@gmail.com>
Date: 14 August 2013 10:54:18 GMT+01:00

Hi everyone,
Thanks to everyone who made it to the meeting on Monday in the City Council. A lot was discussed about the main chosen project for crafts for City of Culture. We hammered out the idea of creating work studios and a retail space in Limerick, which would tackle the issues of point of sale in a central location. The studios would show the public the work that goes into crafts by creating an open studio, the likes of which are run successfully in Kilkenny. We are unsure yet if they would be in the same location or split over two venues, we are at the research stage for finding a suitable and affordable location.

To help us in this search we need solid numbers and requirements so that we can make an impressive application to city of culture. Please reply to this email indicating your seriousness to this project (I can then create a separate mailing list for those interested). Please indicate the following:

-A need for studio space(if so would you be using it on a full time 9-5 basis, or more interested in shared space)
-Specific requirements for your studio, electricity, water, outdoor etc
-The space you would require in sq/m
-Interest in classroom space for teaching workshops
-A desire to sell your work in the retail area
-If you are willing to work in the retail space(probably voluntarily)

To move this project ahead we need feedback from you asap. This is the time to get on board, not six months down the line when it will be too late. We will be meeting again on Thurs 22nd at 10am, but the location is yet to be confirmed. Please submit your interest/details before then to assist in our discussions with auctioneers. Please forward this mail onto any craft practitioners that you know to help spread the word.

(Ps: I will be away until Friday, so will be out of contact for a couple of days)

Kind Regards
Ruth Crean

frank o'shea

Aug 14, 2013, 1:58:07 PM8/14/13
to limerick-h...@googlegroups.com
My funds are used up but it could be a useable place.