LimeJS as the heart of a subscriber game site?

Mark Crowther

Dec 9, 2014, 1:00:09 PM12/9/14
to lim...@googlegroups.com
Hi All,

I'm designing / having built a site that hosts a set of puzzle type games and trying to decide what the core 'game engine' will be (in which all these games should be built)
I'd like it to be LimeJS but have question you might be able to answer.

The site will have the usual design; create an account, log-in to play games, track games played and scores achieved, global ranking against other players.

My question is, can LimeJS games be 'wrapped' in a script(s) that will a) Check the user is logged in before they are allowed to play, then b) record a score after the game is complete.
These points are key. Only registered users that also enter a code can play the game. They get points for every game completed that is then recorded and used on league tables.

Again I get the above is pretty normal stuff, but at the heart of it is LimeJS. It feels like this just needs a couple of helper scripts as part of a game-template, that start a game (given use logged in etc), then when a game ends it captures the score.

Make sense? Any reason that wouldn't be possible?

Mark.

Bonus question - any freelance LimeJS game developers on ODesk or similar that anyone has used?

D C

Apr 4, 2015, 2:05:43 PM4/4/15
to lim...@googlegroups.com
did you get an answer to this? since lime uses google closure it is a bit harder to integrate, but it does produce nice clean small files.

is your site launched?

/dc

Mark Crowther

Jul 7, 2015, 5:52:49 PM7/7/15
to lim...@googlegroups.com
Hey DC,

Came back to see if anyone picked up on this.

Site is not launched yet as I'm in final editing stage of the book. Who knew it took this long :)
However, I just posted on Up : https://www.upwork.com/jobs/~01a682e5ddba83f5ea/ (hope that works!)

Still looking for that game engine though. I suspect the end solution will be some wrapper/api code to contain a game, which then just takes a few variables from the game then feed them into a script closer to the back end. Would be nice to have a standard but might not even be needed.

Mark