bad default: new channel has as default mode secret (+s)

Jyri

Apr 30, 2012, 7:35:50 AM4/30/12
to LimeChat
Hi,
Thanks for great irc client!

I think default mode of new channels has now bad value, because in
environments where irc server is sometimes booted and randomly some
limechat user rejoins back first to specific channel, the channel
changes to secret.
It's even worse if person leaves the channel before changing it back
not secret, because this means that these admin-less channels are left
to be secret until next reboot.

You cannot even change the default mode for all / new channels: you
can only configure it per existing channel (which means in my case
about 20 channels per limechat client).

Jyri

Oct 25, 2012, 4:29:20 AM10/25/12
to limec...@googlegroups.com