Installing, errors and how to uninstall

Mike Hart

Oct 30, 2018, 8:21:21 PM10/30/18
to LimboMedia
Hi,

I downloaded LimboMedia and because there were no installation instructions I simply unzipped it into the Program Files folder and ran it from there.

It all seemed to be OK, but there doesn't sem to be much in the way of documentation.

i worked out that you have to bind a label to a folder in the filesystem. That was OK until I made the mistake of binding to a folder that didn't contain media files.

Now, if I try to unbind or delete i get the "Error. Somethign went really wrong in Limbomedia core"

I've tried deleting the folder that I'm running this from, and then unzipping fresh from the download zip, but it is remembering all the folder bindings.

where is it storing this info? Can I just delete it and start again, and how do I get it to stop throwing errors?

Windows 10

Cheers - Mike

Mike Hart

Oct 31, 2018, 11:11:03 PM10/31/18
to LimboMedia
Well, I've pretty much solved this, but I still have a question...

I deleted the application from within the 'Program Files'  folder, and copied its structure into a folder off the root of the drive. This seems to have stopped the DB core errors.

However, bearing in mind that I have (once again) deleted the application folder and sub-folders completely and ran the application from another location on the disk, how does LM remember my settings??

WHERE is it storing this information, and if I ever want to uninstall, WHERE do I delete it from??

*****

Speaking as someone completely new to this, my 'fresh eyes' have a few feature requests...

1. Documentation.
2. This is a 'bare bones' application. I like this! If I wanted lots of 'show' then there are the usual suspects instead.
So, with this in mind, can I switch off ALL thumbnailing? I just don't need it.
3. Now we're down to basic indexing, is there a way to get better syncing? Cron-style? Could a service like dropbox's folder change detectionhelp?

As I said, it all seems to be working well so far. I can VPN into my home machine, then access LM through the tunnel, and my (otherwise unremarkable) PC seems to be able to cope with encryption for the tunnel AND transcoding simultaneously. Very promising!

Regards, - Mike
Message has been deleted