Adding media

Michael Robbins

Aug 20, 2016, 12:20:10 AM8/20/16
to LimboMedia
First, LOVE the program. Running on a RPi 3 Raspbian (Deb 8). Just curious if there is any way to add existing media without having to re-upload everything? It may just be a database entry thing (DB is not my specialty for sure). But was wanting to migrate my existing media over but not wanting to upload everything. Thanks in advance for any help.

Thomas Kuhlins

Aug 20, 2016, 7:48:11 PM8/20/16
to Michael Robbins, LimboMedia
Hi Michael,

thanks. What do you mean with "add existing media"? Is your media already stored somewhere on your RPi Filesystem? Then you might want to use "Create new folder" with "Bind folder to filesystem directory" checked, to scan the selected folder and make things appear in LimboMedia. Notice that the LimboMedia user must have FILESYSTEM rights and the linux user you're running LimboMedia must have access to read/write the folder you'd like to bind.

Hope that's what you're looking for!

First, LOVE the program. Running on a RPi 3 Raspbian (Deb 8). Just curious if there is any way to add existing media without having to re-upload everything? It may just be a database entry thing (DB is not my specialty for sure). But was wanting to migrate my existing media over but not wanting to upload everything. Thanks in advance for any help.

Michael Robbins

Aug 20, 2016, 8:06:52 PM8/20/16
to LimboMedia, michael...@gmail.com
Thanks for the reply. Yeh, I have an external usb drive connected to the RPi running usbmount from the repo's. Wasn't sure about the "Bind folder to filesystem". I saw that, but wasn't sure. I need to play with it some more I'm sure. The idea is to try to keep as much away from the "SD filesystem" as possible so I wasn't sure if it was going to transfer the media itself to the SD or just index it with that. But I'll give it a try and see. New to the whole Raspberry Pi world but they seem like a nice throw around mini server for all over the house LOL. Thanks again.