Internal Error (os_linux_zero.cpp:254

Chris

Jun 1, 2016, 3:51:05 PM6/1/16
to LimboMedia, Christian Heisig
[root@alarm limbomedia-2.2]# java -jar limbomedia.jar
#
# Internal Error (os_linux_zero.cpp:254), pid=4546, tid=0xb678b470
# fatal error: caught unhandled signal 11
#
# JRE version: (8.0_92-b14) (build )
# Java VM: OpenJDK Zero VM (25.92-b14 interpreted mode linux-arm )
# Core dump written. Default location: /root/limbomedia-2.2/core or core.4546
#
# An error report file with more information is saved as:
# /root/limbomedia-2.2/hs_err_pid4546.log
#
# http://bugreport.java.com/bugreport/crash.jsp
#
Aborted (core dumped)

Any idea for that?
Tried to bring it on a POGOPLUG E02 with newest ARCHLINUX.

BR
Chris

che...@gmail.com

Jun 8, 2016, 12:03:41 PM6/8/16
to LimboMedia, che...@gmail.com

So, no repsonse?
Guess I need to use a different MediaCenter then.

BR

LimboMedia

Jun 9, 2016, 12:17:11 PM6/9/16
to LimboMedia, che...@gmail.com
Hi Chris,

sorry for that late answer, but remember that we run this limbomedia projekt in our free time and cannot answer every request in time ;)

To your problem:
We didn't test limbomedia on a pogoplug but unfortunately you're right with switching to another media center.
Such errors like yours usually appear on "low-end" hardware when there's not enough memory available. Afaik the pogoplug comes with 256mb which is simply not enough for OS + limbomedia.
LimboMedia is build with the focus on high performance, stability and a large amount of media data/files. Therefor we do a lot of caching, connection pooling, multithreading, etc. which simply requires a good base stack of memory. The benefit is that memory consumption doesn't increase much at runtime, per user and with load, which is way more important to us than running a system which is lightweight in idle.

Hope you'll find a proper solution for your hardware and maybe come back if hardware requirements fit ;)
Personally i'd always prefer a native lightweight (C/C++) solution on low-end hardware instead of software written in Java/.net/Php/python VirtualMachine or Interpreter language.

Best regards
Thomas