Error: Unknown Intel Processor

WEBLU ZZ

Dec 6, 2022, 8:21:42 AM12/6/22
to likwid-users
Hi, I'm new to instrumentation tools and I found an error:

$ likwid-perfctr -C 1 -g L3 ./test
Cannot access directory /usr/local/share/likwid/perfgroups/unknown
CPU name:       12th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-12700
CPU type:       Unknown Intel Processor
CPU clock:      2.11 GHz
ERROR - [./src/perfmon.c:perfmon_init_maps:1162] Unsupported Processor
ERROR - [./src/perfmon.c:perfmon_init_funcs:1733] Unsupported Processor
Segmentation fault (core dumped)

I'm wondering whether it's due to my processor that is not supported or it's because I didn't set the configuration.mk correctly(I changed nothting, and make directly)

Thomas Gruber

Dec 15, 2022, 10:15:22 AM12/15/22
to likwid-users
Hi,

there is no support for Intel AlderLake yet in LIKWID. At the moment there are many changes in the hardware counting space, especially with its two core types (P and E). And these are Desktop type chips. They are not our main research field, so it will take some time to add it.

But I admit, it shouldn't segfault in this case. I'll check that.

Best,
Thomas