Virtualized hardware

Micah Wedemeyer

Jan 11, 2015, 5:24:13 PM1/11/15
to lightsh...@googlegroups.com
I'm developing on my Mac, and I think it would be nice to be able to run the scripts locally instead of rsync'ing them to the r-pi and running them there.

I was thinking about adding a config option for virtual_pins. If True, the hardware_controller won't actually initialize wiringPi or make any calls to it.

Would anyone else find this useful?

Todd Giles

Jan 11, 2015, 5:25:31 PM1/11/15
to lightsh...@googlegroups.com
+1 --- I'd find this very useful.

--
http://www.lightshowpi.com/
---

Micah Wedemeyer

Jan 11, 2015, 10:09:36 PM1/11/15
to lightsh...@googlegroups.com

Micah Wedemeyer

Jan 11, 2015, 10:53:37 PM1/11/15
to lightsh...@googlegroups.com
Unfortunately not as useful as I'd hoped, as there are still dependencies on alsaaudio and decoder, both of which don't seem to be Mac friendly. But, if you're developing on a Linux box, it should be a little nicer now.

Todd Giles

Jan 23, 2015, 5:04:54 PM1/23/15
to lightsh...@googlegroups.com
FYI - I just merged this change in.