pifm

Tom Enos

Jul 15, 2015, 4:47:19 AM7/15/15
to lightsh...@googlegroups.com
So we all know that pifm does not work with the raspberry pi 2.  I have found a version that does.

But it only works on a pi2 (tested),  I bought a pi2 today (well yesterday) and tested it, it seems to work great. No crashes or the like (ran it several time, several different ways).  I also found a reliable way to detect a pi2 over the pi1 (a, a+ b, b+) models (thank adafruit for a reliable module).  But before we add it to the master or a testing branch I want to let the community know and have them do some testing.  I have a compiled binary file that I could upload to the community, but I want group approval before I do anything.  I like it but it will require some minor mods to work with lightshowpi.  I want group approval because radio broadcasts are a grey area, (so many FCC restrictions to think about) and if you look at all the official RPI websites, they have deleted threads about pifm.  So do we want fm support?  A user can buy a cheap fm transmitter and do it for them self's, no liability at all on us.  But will proper disclaimers even if a user does draw attention, it would be on them and not us.