MIDI Out ..how to set?

jur1...@gmail.com

Apr 4, 2018, 10:21:39 AM4/4/18
to Lightjams
Today I messed arround with other software, Artnet and Midi.

Not so clear is how to send Midi Notes to a specific Target.

so I created a New one Channel Fixture and linked it to MIDI-Out Universe C1

question1: is there any effect on Dmx or only Midi Output?

then i made a Row of this fixtures and linked the Powersource to Midinotes.....but mostly nothing happens and when I get a note at the
other site it is always a (1,0) ...Channel1..Note1

so the conection works but ....what could be my mistake?

Mathieu

Apr 4, 2018, 10:27:23 AM4/4/18
to Lightjams
Can you post your project file?

You send MIDI note and CC like you send DMX. So if a source is sending 100% power to a dimmer attribute patched in a MIDI note universe, this will send this MIDI note each time its value changes, where 100% power is the MIDI value 127.

jur1...@gmail.com

Apr 4, 2018, 11:03:18 AM4/4/18
to Lightjams
....Testfile
Test MIDI Send.ljp

Mathieu

Apr 4, 2018, 11:14:58 AM4/4/18
to ligh...@googlegroups.com
Multiple sources target the same attribute. That means multiple values need to be merged. The merge type depends on the attribute type. When you've created the test MIDI fixture, you've used the effect type, which is merged using LTP (latest value takes precedence).

So if multiple sources target the same effect attribute, the latest value takes precedence. In your grid, it seems like one of the value at 0% is the latest received. So the result for the MIDI note is always 0.

Long story short. Don't use effect type for MIDI note when creating your fixture template. Use a dimmer or dimmable effect which are merged using HTP (highest value takes precedence). In fact, don't create a fixture template at all and use the existing generic dimmer fixture.

jur1...@gmail.com

Apr 4, 2018, 2:27:39 PM4/4/18
to Lightjams

now i can only send one Note it is everytime the same Power changes the value of the sendet note but
i dont know how to send an other note than C1 .....

Mathieu

Apr 4, 2018, 2:32:38 PM4/4/18
to Lightjams
Patch one dimmer per note you want to send. Then each dimmer corresponds to a note and you send power to it to send it.

jur1...@gmail.com

Apr 4, 2018, 2:36:41 PM4/4/18
to Lightjams
This means one Patch can only send one Note?...

Mathieu

Apr 4, 2018, 2:38:27 PM4/4/18
to ligh...@googlegroups.com
No. One dimmer per note. Patch as many dimmers as you want.

jur1...@gmail.com

Apr 4, 2018, 2:57:26 PM4/4/18
to Lightjams
...so in another user Projekt I copyed this ....

think it shows how you mean.....

My question what means 'Adress' and 'Position' when sending MIDI??
midi.PNG

Mathieu

Apr 4, 2018, 3:37:48 PM4/4/18
to Lightjams
The address is the MIDI note number. The position is a number you use to sort the fixtures the way you want and isn't specific to MIDI.