Martin Mini Mac Profile fixture template?

Trike

Aug 11, 2018, 4:39:00 PM8/11/18
to Lightjams
Hi,

I'm experimenting with lightjams and trying to get it to work with my Martin Mini mac profile. I noticed there's a mini mac wash profile, but I'm getting weird results with it. Is there any suggestions on creating a meaningful profile to work with light jams, like the gobo and shutter changes?

Thanks

Mathieu

Aug 11, 2018, 6:53:18 PM8/11/18
to Lightjams
Hi,

The wash and profile are different and you cannot use one fixture template to drive the other. The fixture template editor is in Lightjams. Go in the View/template menu. Then you follow the DMX sheet provided by Martin: https://www.martin.com/en/site_elements/dmx-table-e60a7c94-7c13-4dcd-a7a1-6cdeb5d8d03d

But I remember using this fixture and the shutter actually is used as the dimmer (but with low resolution). You can try the template editor just for the sake of learning to use it and I'll also create the template on my side.

Mathieu

Aug 11, 2018, 7:22:47 PM8/11/18
to Lightjams
Here's my template. Open the project file to get it. I've used a dimmer attribute to represent the shutter. That's because if I recall correctly, the Mini mac uses the mechanical shutter to create a very low resolution dimmer. The downside is that you can't use the built-in fixture strobe. But you can use the strobe generated by Lightjams.
Martin Mini Mac Profile.ljp