Orion ORCAN2

Casey Wolfe

Oct 22, 2019, 5:58:00 PM10/22/19
to Lightjams
Hello Mathieu,

I can not seem to get Lightjams to control the Orion ORCAN2, I'm guessing it has something to do with how I'm creating the fixture.

The manual and DMX chart is at this link:

Thanks!

Mathieu

Oct 22, 2019, 7:23:53 PM10/22/19
to Lightjams
Can you attatch your project file? Try patching generic dimmers to check whether the fixture works as expected.

Casey Wolfe

Oct 22, 2019, 9:01:11 PM10/22/19
to Lightjams
Here's the project. I believe that's what I did. I must be missing something.
NCDiwali.ljp

Mathieu

Oct 23, 2019, 9:22:11 AM10/23/19
to ligh...@googlegroups.com
Your fixture template looks ok although no need to create a fixture template with only dimmers. You could just have patched 7 generic dimmers. The goal is to test the fixture and learn how it works. Then once you understand it, you create the fixture template.

If it's not working as expected by sending the exact values as you're doing now with dimmers, I think the fixture's user manual may have an error. You can contact the manufacturer or try different values with the dimmers until it works. I'm saying this since you're the 2nd user to have problem with this fixture.

For example, try setting the function speed (channel 4) to 50% and changing the value for the channel 2 which controls the mode.