midi connection with djay

Igor Roberti Foc

Jun 8, 2019, 5:19:50 PM6/8/19
to Lightjams
Hello, I would like to use this software (https://www.algoriddim.com/) djay for my lBeach volley. I like because has a connection with spotify.
My goal it's to catch the beats, normaly is a output made for console sent by midi. Is it possible to use lightjams as a virtual console to catch beats?

Thank you

Mathieu

Jun 8, 2019, 6:09:58 PM6/8/19
to ligh...@googlegroups.com
If the other software can send midi, then use loopmidi or loopbe1 to receive midi on the same computer in Lightjams. See https://www.lightjams.com/midiDMX.html

Igor Roberti Foc

Jun 9, 2019, 4:30:56 PM6/9/19
to Lightjams
I tried but it seem not working the logic.

Djay expect an input MIDI and then you can flag the output MIDI, then I can't set Lightjams as input and djay as output :(
I use loopbe, mididmx can resolve this?

Anctualy I think is needed two interfaces.. I understood correctly?
(djay) IN->OUT (lightjam)
(djay) OUT-IN (lightjam)

Thank you Mathieu

Mathieu

Jun 9, 2019, 6:21:27 PM6/9/19
to Lightjams
With both loopbe and loopMidi, you can send and receive. You should see loopbe or loopMidi in djay otherwise it means somethings isn't configured properly. Then in Lightjams, go in the midi configuration panel and activate the loopbe or loopMidi as input or/and output.