ASIO - Max channels 8 instead of 4

Jack

Nov 22, 2016, 3:32:47 PM11/22/16
to Lightjams
Now there are 8 asio channels. And it works !

The usb detection might be more robust I think. After plugging in the usb cable and pulling it out again, plugging in again, my sound card stopped working.
Had to reinstall the soundcard's driver to get sound of from my computer again.

max channels.png

Jack

Nov 22, 2016, 3:48:21 PM11/22/16
to Lightjams
Or maybe the card stopped working because of switching from 44000 to 48000 sample rate. I'm not exactly sure what caused the soundcard stop working.
There's something that must have caused it.

Mathieu

Nov 22, 2016, 7:31:30 PM11/22/16
to Lightjams
Thanks for pointing the out of date text! I'll correct this in the next beta.

For the sound card problem, keep us posted if you find something.

Mathieu

Mathieu

Nov 23, 2016, 9:47:29 AM11/23/16
to Lightjams
The beta has been updated: http://www.lightjams.com/history.html

And as you noticed in a previous post, there have been many performance improvements, including faster project loading and lower CPU and memory usage. Let me know how the new beta works for you!

Jack

Nov 23, 2016, 3:46:31 PM11/23/16
to Lightjams
I have tried the beta with the x32 mixer using usb to my pc.

On my pc I have Waves "Tracks Live" configured to send multitrack to the x32.
On the x32 I have 32 channels configured going through the same usb cable back to the PC.

On the PC is also have LightJams running that is receiving the multitracks from the x32 using the asio driver.

I have played a 20 track file with "Tracks live" and selected 8 of the incoming audio tracks in LightJams and connected them to sources.

It all works great.