What´s best practice for a sequencer

Mattias Ericson

May 28, 2024, 3:36:48 PMMay 28
to Lightjams
I am building lightshow for my coverband.

I use a sequenser (I think it is the right term) for the setlist. i.e. I have a gride that starts other grids. Am I making my self clear?

This is in theory my setup

cell 1 empty because it is dark in the beginning
cell 2 to grid for song one
cell 3 to grid for song two
cell 4 to grid for song three
cell 5 to grid for song four
and so on.

I am controlling the powersource via a midipedal and CCscroll. i,e i increase the value X steps for each press.

This works. But it annoys me because I can´t find the a good round umber for the CC value to hit exaclty the right cell. I tried different solutions, but it all seems to be a gap every now and then.

Now to my question. What is best practice for the size of the grid, and cc values? Or is there a better way to solve this problem?

Sorry for long explanation in bad english.

Thanks for all advice I can get.

Mattias

Mathieu

May 28, 2024, 3:49:04 PMMay 28
to Lightjams
You can use the exact value as received for the CC instead of working with percent by using the midi.controlRaw function instead of midi.control. For example, you can use this formula to control the X slider of your source:

xToPercent(midi.controlraw(1, 1))

With this formula, when the CC value is 0, the source will go to the cell 0. When the CC is 1, the source will go to the cell 1, etc.