Eurolite DMX USB not supported in Lightjams?

Tero Nurmi

Apr 20, 2017, 2:55:08 PM4/20/17
to Lightjams

Hi,

I have this controller:
http://www.steinigke.de/en/mpn51860150-eurolite-led-pc-control-512.html

LightJams seems to recognize and connect to the device just fine.
But I simply cannot get my lights to to anything.
I have patched my lights according to tutorial video and there should be nothing wrong.

Also, if I just use another software on the same computer, my lights work just fine.

Where should I start to try to solve this problem?
Many thanks for any help I can get!

isaac

Apr 20, 2017, 3:20:02 PM4/20/17
to Lightjams
Hi Tero,

In View->Configuration->USB-DMX tab do you see your device listed under "Interfaces"? I think not all USB-DMX devices are compatible with Lightjams. Reading a little, your device seems to be compatible with the Open-DMX.

If yes, have you correctly patched your lights to USB under "Universe" in the patch editor?

Have you created fixtures for your lights?

Do your channel addresses match what is set on the actual fixtures?

You can post your project file, which may help us understand the problem.

Tero Nurmi

Apr 20, 2017, 3:26:37 PM4/20/17
to Lightjams
Many thanks for your quick reply!

Attached is my very simple project file.
I only have one fixture connected at the moment.
I has base DMX address 0050, and in my project I have patched this fixture according to Stairville manual.

Under interfaces it says my USB controller is Connected. So it should probably work.

But still my fixture doesn't do anything! And I cannot understand why.
project.ljp

isaac

Apr 20, 2017, 3:47:09 PM4/20/17
to Lightjams
Which Stairville fixture do you have exactly? Can you post link to the manual.

Tero Nurmi

Apr 20, 2017, 4:13:18 PM4/20/17
to Lightjams

Mathieu

Apr 20, 2017, 7:03:24 PM4/20/17
to Lightjams
Hi,

I've looked at the project file and I don't see a 5 channel mode in the fixture manual. So here's a project file with the Quad Par profile RGBW and the 3 modes it supports: 4, 6 and 8 channels. I've used the 8 channel mode in the project file. Make sure your fixture is configured for this mode.

The DMX start address is 50 in the project file. So also make sure this is the right address.

About the Eurolite DMX USB interface, I can't find any documentation stating it is compatible with the Enttec USB Pro interface. Let me know if you see something.

Mathieu
Stariville - Quad Par Profile.ljp

Tero Nurmi

Apr 21, 2017, 3:02:11 PM4/21/17
to Lightjams
Hello,

Thanks for your efforts but unfortunately it didn't work.
The project file I sent was a bit incorrectly patched with 5 channels only.
However I have tried patching with full 8 channels also and it makes no difference.
Also the fixture works in other DMX software, even if fixture is in 8ch mode and only the first 4 are actually patched.

I even tried running lightjams as Administrator - no change.

The fixture and controller are working fine in other DMX software.
Therefore I suppose it means this controller just isn't working somehow with Lightjams...?
Does Lightjams produce and log file that could be helpful?

Mathieu

Apr 21, 2017, 3:48:51 PM4/21/17
to ligh...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

My guess is that the Eurolite is really close to a Enttec USB Pro but not quite. So unfortunately, it's not supported.

You can get a Enttec USB Pro interface or a clone like the ultraDMX micro from DMXKing - http://dmxking.com/usbdmx/ultradmxmicro.

Mathieu

isaac

Apr 21, 2017, 4:25:58 PM4/21/17
to Lightjams
A long shot, but what if you change from Pro to Open in config/usb-dmx...or if you're comfortable, you can try with basic FTDI drivers instead of the one from eurolite..you never know..

As a last resort you could send data from LJ to your other software (through artnet or sacn) if they support that.

Sorry we could not get it to work :(

Tero Nurmi

May 4, 2017, 3:59:46 PM5/4/17
to Lightjams
Yes, I can now confirm that this was the case. The Eurolite simply didn't comply with Lightjams.

I just received the ultraDMX micro, and now my fixtures are responding and the basic setup is working :)

Mathieu

May 4, 2017, 4:05:09 PM5/4/17
to Lightjams
Yay! Thanks for the follow-up. I hope you'll have fun!

Mathieu